How To Spring Clean Your WebsiteMay 17, 2012 No Comments
Well, it’s that time of the year when we roll up our sleeves, dust off our gloves, and start to do some spring-cleaning in our homes. However, as much as we think about our homes during this time of year, we have to also to remember to clean the cobwebs on our websites. If you are not getting the results you want from your website, it’s time to clean it up! To help you do so, here are five spring-cleaning tips to apply.
1. Get rid of old content. Old content on your website leaves the visitor with an impression that you are not serious about your business or your reputation. Ensuring your content is always fresh will give your end users a reason to keep coming back for more.
2. Spruce it up with colorful new images or video. There is a saying – a picture is worth a thousand words – and adding them keeps visitors on your site longer! In addition, people love imagery and love watching videos online. So engage your visitors with vibrant photos and new videos.
3. Update your professional photo or company logo. Are you using your most current photo and/or logo? Remember, your professional image determines how people respond to you. So update any old photos and make sure you are using your company logo consistently throughout the website. Image is everything.
4. Add fresh content with a blog. Blogs are a great way to engage your visitors and keep your website fresh. Not only will your visitors appreciate updated content but so will Google. Google tends to index and display blogs more frequently in the search results so you don’t want to miss an opportunity for people to find you. Adding a blog can help drive more traffic to your website and will help your visitors see you as an industry expert.
5. Make use of social media. Make it easy for your visitors to share your information across social media platforms. Add the social media icons and buttons to help visitors quickly spread your website to their friends on Facebook , Twitter, LinkedIn and a host of other networking and bookmarking sites. Let others help you promote yourself!
Take the time to do some spring-cleaning on your website this season in addition to your home. You’ll give your visitors a fresh new look, a reason to come back for more, and gain more interaction from them. If you are working to grow your business online this year but you aren’t quite sure how to go about doing so, let us help you find ways to spruce up your website.
Written by: Lakesha Brown, Founder of XD Web Solutions